1. Countdown to live Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Software for groundskeepers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by hartmas, Feb 22, 2005.

1. hartmas

hartmas LawnSite Member

I need to know what is the best groundskeeper/mowing software on the market and how much it cost? Thanks all!!!!!

2. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer LawnSite Member
    from mtka,MN

I have noticed no replies to your thread so I thought I would ask what want this software to do? For bookkeeping only or for scheduling also. I use qbooks for accounting.

3. hartmas

hartmas LawnSite Member

I have two employees and what I really want it for is adding charges, invoices, estimates. Keeping track of my costs, my employees hours etc.
    I see there is software called Groundskeeper Pro but it is 379.00. Thanks for your response. Steve

4. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

I use Gopher and there about to implement the start stop time with the Palm Pilot where I can track my cost for each job so I'll be happy. I haven't tried anyone else other than Gopher but I'm extremely happy with it so far and I use it for everything you listed.

hope this helps, littlenic
    :cool2:

5. Tobruk79

Tobruk79 LawnSite Member
    from Fl

I like gopher but I think most of them offer a free trial.

6. dsaldivar

dsaldivar LawnSite Member

I use Groundskeeper Pro and for the most part I like it.
    I like the fact that it is MS Access database and this allows me to use other technology tools to customize my own reports and do different types of productivity analysis.

I wish however, that Groundskeeper allowed me to enter start and stop times on my scheduled routes so I can quickly access this data.

Also, I'm familiar with accounting (graduated with accounting degree) so I do my accounting and other tax info in Excel.

So if you are handy with other applications, I would suggest Groundskeeper Pro. It has an attractive price, with good features.
    Hope this helps
    Thanks,
    Danny

7. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 LawnSite Member

I use Gopher, When you call them they are very helpful and I think it is easier to use then Groundskeeper. I tried out the free trial on both of them. I know the price is a little scary but once you start using it you will decide it is a good investment.

8. mikestr

mikestr LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

I tried about 3 or 4. Gopher by far is the best.

9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Thanks everyone for all the positive comments. We are working on a lot to further improve this year for you.