1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Softwash or pressure wash system....

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by nitro121, Jan 17, 2008.

1. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking to offering my customers house cleaning this year....cause my wife currently pays for our house to be pressure washed. I have an extra 4x6 trailer and WAS going to get a small system (2grand or less). But then today I read about "softwashing"....it seems like a good selling point and I don't think anyone does it in my area or at least I'd never seen anything about it before.

So what do you think...have you guys tried both? Could I get either system for around 2 grand? Would it just be easier to get the old reliable pressure washing system?

Thanks,
    Gary

2. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

3. nitro121

I posted this reply once but then got kicked off the system....must be the frigging snow we got today. :cry:

I've seen that guys name and site before since researching....he must be good. But what do you think for a house/roof only cleaning system. Go w/ the soft or pressure washing system? I think the soft wash would sell itself....I don't even think anyone around my area offers it....I'm going to check the yellow pages.

v/r
    Gary

4. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutely no pressure on shingle roofs: apply proper chemicals mix with pump (Delavan) and rinse with garden hose.
    For house wash, a 4.0 gal/min is sufficient with the proper chems and nozzles.
    You'll need a 50 Gal tank for the roof chemicals. House mix can be downstreamed.

5. nitro121

I thought these guys....softwashing.com used no pressure on the houses too. Maybe they do pull out the old pressure washer and hit the house???

I think roofs would be few compared to house cleanings. Maybe I'd better start w/ the old pressure washing system first to get my feet wet. ???