1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Soil test results

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Above Par Lawns, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

With a soil test like that, you should be growing an excellent lawn as long as drainage/retention is good and N is adequately supplied in a timely fashion... after second mowing is about as perfect as one could ask in cool season grasses...
    When you apply 5-0-5, you might normally apply at .5lbs/k or higher... what is your application of N per 1000 sq.ft.???
    The reason I ask is because that is going to be equal to the amount of K you're going to be adding as well...

2. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Fertrell recommends using 6-10lbs per 1000.

3. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

sorry I think I read that question wrong. I will be applying 5 pounds of the 505 per 1000 square feet. I believe that comes out to about a quarter poundPer thousand available nitrogen and potassium.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I agree,,, that is what it means... 20 pounds of product will apply 1 pound of N... 5 pounds of product per k = .25 lbs of N/k...
    The thing I'm most curious about is why we would want that much P or K with each application... I look at P & K as additional expense and possible pollution,,, especially with the current Soil Report... :)