Soil testing business

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
I guess it would be similar to paying someone to hook up a code reader to your auto and print out the results. Then it's up to you the owner to figure out what those codes mean and then find someone to fix your problems if you have any.

Cut n Strut

LawnSite Gold Member
I guess it would be similar to paying someone to hook up a code reader to your auto and print out the results. Then it's up to you the owner to figure out what those codes mean and then find someone to fix your problems if you have any.
Pretty similar, yes. An easy way to sell that service is to offer a free soil sample if they sign up for a full program. A mechanic shop won’t do that. I’ve had 1 customer this year pay for just the sample. Everyone else jumps on a program.

rclawn

LawnSite Silver Member
Haha, this reminds me a few years back there was some guy that got admonished on the NextDoor app for this. He apparently faked his credentials and was going around doing soil tests. Turns out he didn’t know s*** and was just telling people random crap. Eventually he got caught when someone got a second opinion and the local university extension office got involved. Probably made $20,000 or so that year doing this. I’m sure his landscape company (chuck and a truck) took a big hit from the negative feedback lol.

Top Forums