• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Solid Skid Tires

Vet934

LawnSite Member
So does anyone out there know what the weight difference of solids is compared to pneumatic skid steer tires? On the Ag tractors we fill them with fluid to increase the weight, and I was wondering if anyone has ever had experience doing this on a skid steer. Obviously the more weight, the more stability and tractive effort, but i dont know much about these applications in regard to skid steers.

ksss

LawnSite Fanatic
So does anyone out there know what the weight difference of solids is compared to pneumatic skid steer tires? On the Ag tractors we fill them with fluid to increase the weight, and I was wondering if anyone has ever had experience doing this on a skid steer. Obviously the more weight, the more stability and tractive effort, but i dont know much about these applications in regard to skid steers.
My NU Air 12X16 are very heavy I think 300 pounds per tire, Mc Laren could say for sure. I thought the trucking company said the pallet weighed 1200 when I ordered them.

YellowDogSVC

LawnSite Gold Member
I have a set of 12x16.5 hulk tires and rims that weight 140 lbs each. Add at least 150-200 lbs for solid fill.