Solo Ops? Positive Covid test

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
It's a mutating virus, healthcare professionals are learning as they go and making adjustments as they learn. Every Science is always changing as it gathers more information. I'd be very concerned if they didn't act on new knowledge.

Mark Stark

LawnSite Fanatic
It's a mutating virus, healthcare professionals are learning as they go and making adjustments as they learn. Every Science is always changing as it gathers more information. I'd be very concerned if they didn't act on new knowledge.
But....but....but.....what about when the politicians and the scientists with predetermined planned outcomes tell us "It's settled science"??

wilsonsground

LawnSite Member
Go to work!
Anyone out there fly solo and had to deal with a positive covid test? Our house came down with it but got yards to keep up with. Conflicted on still getting out there or not.

lawnspecialties

LawnSite Silver Member
I came down with Covid September 8. I tried to mow a few properties in the first few days but it was really tough. The second week, I could barely get out of bed.

I emailed all my customers, both commercial and residential. I was blown away at how understanding everyone was. Even all my commercial accounts had the attitude of "Take care of yourself and get better. Don't worry about the grounds and just get to us when you can. No rush."

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
But....but....but.....what about when the politicians and the scientists with predetermined planned outcomes tell us "It's settled science"??
Seems to me both sides do that. Anyway this isn't the politics forum. The subject was what does a landscaper who tested positive do regarding his business?

B Mead

LawnSite Member
Anyone out there fly solo and had to deal with a positive covid test? Our house came down with it but got yards to keep up with. Conflicted on still getting out there or not.

Good looking out.
My wife had it and when that was going on, anyone that did came outside, I just told them to leave the check under something and why. I did not have a single “oh my gosh” and went on with what we were doing. I did not get sick or test positive myself so I was able to continue as a single operator.

Mikeorl

LawnSite Member
I’m a solo guy as well. So stuff like getting a positive COVID test or other illness/ injury is something that I have to deal with/worry about. But as someone who has some previous First Responder experience( formerly a firefighter/paramedic) and have family currently working as a nurse practitioner, allow me to share that you should take care of you and yours. If you are sick enough to not work, then don’t. Otherwise just go ahead and make that $, after all we get to work outside and typically don’t see our clients( or other people/staff if solo). Maybe ask a neighbor or friend to go do the stuff that requires you to be inside ( grocery store, going inside the gas station, etc) and you can pay them using something like Venmo, cash app, etc. but all of this is my humble opinion and might only be worth what you paid for it; maybe less.

Top Forums