1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Solo Walker Leaf Removal

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by nosparkplugs, Feb 28, 2008.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

I have a dedicated Leaf collection trailer with Billy Goat HTR 1600 Debris loader. That rig took at least a two man crew, due to the Walker Purchase I am able to lower my overhead/labor costs. The Walker does a better job shredding the leaves our Billy Goat HTR 1600. This is a historic district in Downtown Memphis, my accounts here start at 350.00 Click on pictures to enlarge

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I kinda suprised that the Walker shreds them better than the leaf vac... I know mine do ok, but do smokin' good if I run the leaves over once 'mulching' and then run back over it and suck it all up. Of course it takes more time, but if there's a thick layer of leaves it still saves time and trips to the truck in the end.

I don't imigine it's a whole lotta fun unleading that load at the end of the day though! That's why I LOVE my dump bed truck... Though it's a lot higher off the ground to have to get the stuff into.

3. nosparkplugs

I have a 8 ft oak pallet at the front of the trailer, and a 30 ft 12,000lb strap use a clevis hook to tie off on a log in the recycle center drive off works like a live floor trailer emptying the debris takes one person, look close you can see the strap on the gate.

4. hanson's glc

hanson's glc LawnSite Member
    from mn

you need 4-5 foot sides on the trailer. nice set up. at my dump there is no where to tie to. i bought a dump insert to dump at the dump and at the job sites for mulch and dirt and rock. after buying the truck craft alum insert i will never go back to pitch fork any thing out of the truck.

5. MLC2

MLC2 LawnSite Member

GLC how long have you had your truckcraft? I have the EZ dumper it does a good job. I just don't like the weight and the rusting. Thanks MLC2

6. nosparkplugs

I already have a Dedicted leaf trailer with 8ft sides 8ft wide 17ft long & the Billy Goat Debris loader mounted on the trailer used my pallet unloading system to unload it also, used it for 3 seasons, now it just sits in storage lot. It works great on light rain days, or those Massive leaf jobs that I bid from time to time, you need a Laborer for each blower you run, I have found that I can do minimal blowing & then suck up the leafs with MT20, 1 crew member & the Walker. I am looking at a 16K GTWR Gooseneck Dump with 6ft sides and 20ft long & sicssor dump, I have folks calling wanting all types of debris, dirt, concrete, junk removed and willing to pay, cause know one wants to do the work, if it pays what I require, a job is never "below" our company.

7. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member