1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Some Bidding Help

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by rockandroller, May 5, 2005.

1. rockandroller

rockandroller LawnSite Member

I'm doing a small install for a lawn maintenance customer. He wants 27 grasses installed.... 9 at 5 gal and 18 a 3 gal or comparable. I will also need to get out the mantis and till and ammend the hardpan soil. The area is a long strip about 110 ft x 1.5 ft. I get the 5 gallons for $18 at my wholesaler, and the 3 gallons for $13.

Specifically, what would you charge for 1) install per plant, 2) price for tilling, 3) plant mark-up.

Thanks in advance

2. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i normaly mark up plants 25% that is the discount i get off retail at the nursery i deal with.i have a set rate to unload a piece of equipment off of the trailer.then i charge hourly for the labor of tilling and planting.

Ron

3. rockandroller

rockandroller LawnSite Member

36 views and no input? Come on...Give me two minutes of your time to answer three questions!

4. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a good old Time and Materials install.

Chuck