Some light reading material

grass man 11

LawnSite Bronze Member
If all you did was mow with it, and produce using just it, Then you can follow the math formula I described above. This will simulate if using that mower, with a team of 6 guys, would also pay for a proper manager plus profit.

OP
Hurryupelectric

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Silver Member
I think some guys might be like “are they still talking about the sw15”. But I do enjoy the discussion, I don’t want to give the impression that I’m unwilling to reason the numbers. But it’s hard to put a metric on a good amount of reasons I bought, and I think that’s your point. With the records I’m keeping, after taxes are paid, I will at least know what the overall numbers are. How many miles I drove, how much gas in mowers and then in car, how many dollars came in, revenue compared to total time gate down to gate up. I will know how much I made total but will have to treat it like a salary because all the maintenance and little things aren’t recorded. I definitely “worked” a lot, I have many unrecorded hours that should have been accounted for.

Toro44

LawnSite Senior Member
To the original point of the thread. If you're staying solo. If you want to mow lawns more power to you and it may always be in the mix. If you want to venture out, find your niche, become an expert on things customers can't do well themselves. Build your business around those services. You can then charge for the expertise, not just the labor. Making money is a lot easier at that point.

grass man 11

LawnSite Bronze Member
I think some guys might be like “are they still talking about the sw15”. But I do enjoy the discussion, I don’t want to give the impression that I’m unwilling to reason the numbers. But it’s hard to put a metric on a good amount of reasons I bought, and I think that’s your point. With the records I’m keeping, after taxes are paid, I will at least know what the overall numbers are. How many miles I drove, how much gas in mowers and then in car, how many dollars came in, revenue compared to total time gate down to gate up. I will know how much I made total but will have to treat it like a salary because all the maintenance and little things aren’t recorded. I definitely “worked” a lot, I have many unrecorded hours that should have been accounted for.
Lol. I agree. My point is as you do things and discover new opportunities, do your self a favor and run numbers, let the numbers and logic guide you. Most guys here would rather talk about mowers or trailers or the perception of how they are suddenly making more money, yet half are going broke and they don’t know it until one day they wake up and their truck is crap, their mower is crap, their customer list is crap and they have nothing to show for it all. Don’t work for free, don’t work for an average wage. You take a lot of risks being on your own, make sure it’s worth your while. Lots of good jobs on the market with lots of benefits, make sure you greatly exceeding that income level.

OP
Hurryupelectric

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Silver Member
This arrived today

C9447EA2-C96C-451C-BC17-1CEE18CD4A55.jpeg

Top Forums