some mods i did on my z spray.. post yours!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Nov 27, 2010.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

What?? You still sellin' that stuff? I heard they make good manure spreaders??

LOL, T-Man :laugh:

2. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

No. Because I have it set up for normal operation.

It's simple.

Some hose. A nozzle body. Some hose clamps and zip ties.

3. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

can you run both pumps at the same time? I was going to add another pump just like that for that same reason but didnt do it or havent done it yet.. still might...

4. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Yes you can run both at the same time. I just finished 12.7 acres today and i really like the setup. I start with the 25gal tank on mostly flat areas then lighten it up a bit and hit the hills.

5. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i like to find the parts to make up a on demand spot sprayer that i can spot spray weeds as i spray my liquid fert. from the z.

6. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

That is an easy mod but the tank is the problem. Why type of Z do you have?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

talk to me falcon! max and intermediate. i was thinking about seeing if a empty pesticide jug fits in the fert trays and us that as the tank. buy an 12 vol;t pump and use the foot switch to activate that pump.

8. smokin'weeds

smokin'weeds LawnSite Member
    from zone 6

we had two units built for us this year with relocated foot switches to the inside of the left hydro control lever using the same switch the 2013 z plug uses. Should work great but we wont be spraying til april or so. Time will tell.

2013-02-24 12.51.11.jpg

9. smokin'weeds

smokin'weeds LawnSite Member
    from zone 6

order and iso tank and it will do exactly what you want

10. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I stripped down an old Stihl SG20 backpack sprayer to just the tank and frame. I mounted a 2gpm pump from Tractor supply on to the frame. I added some fittings and some hose along with electric connection to the battery via conduit and I now have a 4 gal spot sprayer with jet agitation that sprays 1/4gal per minute. It fits perfectly into the Z-spray tray. I can easily remove it for storage or when not needed.