Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
19,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A real estate agent I've dealt with for 20+ years (A good one, has never asked me to do anything for free and as an estimate. I know she has paid me out of her own commission many times.) Asked me to evaluate the irrigation system on a 3.5 million dollar home in Frisco, TX. 28 zones, 1.5" meter, horse pastures. What was interesting was it had a well. In old money areas you never see a well but an occasional creek watering. I guess as you go north wells are feasible around here. Anyway they had four timers. Two timers operated the master valves on the well and city water. The whole system could run off city water or well water. The flower beds they wanted watered by city water supposedly because the plants do better due to the mineral content of the city water. The larger open areas the watered with the well. So depending on which water they wanted to use they set the zones to run while that master valve was activated. Here are pics of the pump and pump house. A bad wiring job on the timers and an ORBIT:cry:

Wood Interior design Building Flooring Hardwood

Property Azure Comfort Building Wood

Wood Gas Flooring Machine Engineering

Window Wood Fixture Floor Building

Plant Property Grass Tree Wood

·
Registered
14,016 Posts
I don't know. They could be old people, don't want to put them in the poor house and have them eating dog food to make ends meet.
No, you wouldn't want to do that.

Is it legal like that to be able to use either system? Are they tied together - well and city water able to run through same mainline? I thought they had to be completely separated.

But it does look like a good one for some upgrades and longtime maintenance.

·
Banned
3,159 Posts
Is it legal like that to be able to use either system? Are they tied together - well and city water able to run through same mainline? I thought they had to be completely separated.
Same question here - I know you can tie the 2 together as long as there's backflow protection between them - couldn't see any in pics.

I did one with the same scenario - well and city - had to put an RPZ on the city, PVB on the well, AND master valves on each with an ice-cube isolator so that the two sources couldn't run at same time.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.