Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
4,449 Posts
Thinking the same thing.........
has to be a physical air gap.

peter i would question if this somehow meets code if those are combined.

but since you said the well water irrigates turf, and the city water does bedding plants.

are there two seperate mainlines for the property?

I wonder why 4 controllers, seems to me you would only need 2 large ones.

typically one controller per water source/meter.
smartline time:)

· Banned
19,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
NO AIR GAP AND CITY APPROVED. RPZ on City Water. One controller for well master valve. One controller city water master valve. Two timers are set to run the zones during whichever master valve is open. Flower bed zones are set to run when city water is available and turf areas are set to run when well water is available. All piping connects to both city and well water. All makes sense to me and if city approved smart set up.

· Banned
19,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Love to see the schematic for this. Seems more complicated than it has to be.
Well Joey, mind if I call you Joey? This was a redo. Here is the original instructions for converting and the master valve set up came 10 years later. While I'm at it I'll post the zones.

Font Paper Paper product Document Publication

Font Parallel Paper Document Number

Font Material property Recipe Paper Paper product

· Banned
19,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Very smart, very cool set-up (other than the convert to city water convert to well water stuff).

Seems like it could have been done with just 2 controllers, tho, one for each water source.
It could have but it was a redo on trying to eliminate the cutoff turn on stuff with master valves so the timers controlling the master valves came 10 years later and were installed as close to the master valves as possible for cost reasons.

· Registered
4,148 Posts
I don't know. They could be old people, don't want to put them in the poor house and have them eating dog food to make ends meet.
$3.5 million dollar home.... Ya, im sure your $10,000 upgrade will really make them suffer.

Most of the people that live in nice homes want things done right and expect to pay for it, not pay for some chincy stuff because you thought they were in a financial bind, when they are not.
In another words, these people know it costs money to make things work good and expect to pay for good quality work the first time.

However, I am sure you were joking in the first place ;)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.