Spartan - KG Stander Thread

douglee25

LawnSite Senior Member
Creating two threads for two standers I see almost nothing posted about.

This one is solely dedicated to the Spartan KG Stander. This one is slightly different because it has a seat similar to the Ferris stander (model escapes me).

Please post the good, bad, and the ugly!

Discuss!

buttaluv

LawnSite Senior Member
I’m interested in it too.. really like Standers.. but my old ass legs can’t stand all day.. really don’t care for ZTRs though.. Wright had one last year, but wasn’t enough horsepower and I’m not crazy about how they cut in the wet... Spartan is a fancy looking machine.. I’d have to try one out...

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
I’m interested in it too.. really like Standers.. but my old ass legs can’t stand all day.. really don’t care for ZTRs though.. Wright had one last year, but wasn’t enough horsepower and I’m not crazy about how they cut in the wet... Spartan is a fancy looking machine.. I’d have to try one out...

Old ass legs? Heck my old ass can't take it either:)

OP
D

douglee25

LawnSite Senior Member
Still crickets on this thread! I took some time to check out a KG in person. This is the Pro series. They also have the XD series as well. Within each model series they have options... ie lighting, engine sizes, pumps, etc.

I have to say the unit is well laid out. Access to all important stuff for maintenance is a breeze. Actually I would say it is better than any other stander that I've ever seen to date. The seat is actually quite nice. Different but nice. I tried it on a small area of grass and it wasn't bad. Probably would take some getting used to. The padding is extra thick for your legs. It conforms well. Push keypad to start and access rpm and maintenance logs. The 24hp Ft730v started right up. Parker wheel hydros 10cc came standard. 12cc pumps were the upgrade that came with the XD version. The height adjust is with your foot on the rear of the platform. It does not have a lock function... You must use the pin to hold it in transport mode. I wasn't expecting that, but not a deal breaker (just different).

The owner of the place only sells Spartan mowers. He's been really impressed with their line since starting to sell 3 years ago. He currently had zero mowers in the shop for work.

20210624_102905.jpg
20210624_102915.jpg
20210624_102926.jpg
20210624_102932.jpg
20210624_102943.jpg
20210624_102952.jpg
20210624_103011.jpg
20210624_103019.jpg
20210624_103126.jpg
20210624_103129.jpg

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Would that banana seat not go up your butt and tickle your prostate like on a racing bicycle?

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
Scraping that deck would suck with all those bolt heads. Why couldn't they at least use carriage bolts and reverse them so they don't stick way down under the deck?

Top Forums