Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer getting ready to start installing a large pond. He wants to irrigate the hillside above it out of the pond. This is a large area, I would guess about 3-4 acres of large trees and grass. So what kind of components would you use? I'm thinking submersible, filter, 2" valves. But not sure what heads. Plenty of area to work with so they should be large area. He asked me about golf course heads. Which ones have you guys had experience with?

· Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
By the way the customer was talking the pond will be 3 acres maybe more. The area couldn't be mowed until June so it definately will catch a lot of water. There are no plans for a well to recharge. Irrigation season here is realistically 6 mos with 3 hard months. No one said anything about pumps?

· Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
He's definately serious. Probably jumped the gun on putting the info up here. Supposed to do some other work there tomorrow. I will look at the pond lay out and measure the area to be irrigated. Just wanted to get some of your guys' ideas because I have been thinking about this and the best way to do it. He was talking about putting in a fountain to keep the water aerated. I was thinking to run it off the irrigation pump and sprinkler controller. Anyone ever done this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.