Specials For New Customers

LawnEmpire

LawnSite Member
First off Im new here but i have a question for all of you. well, I thought it would be a good idea to offer specials on my flyers for new customers, kinda reel them in type thing. Well I decided to go with Free Spring Clean-up with season contract or 15% off every 4th cut. Well i got a few phone calls to submit bids on weekly maintanence etc and then they take the free spring clean-up. I think it might be hurtin me but then again I am gettin a season contract. What do you guys think??? Also when i do spring clean-up most of the time i include the 1st cut unless the customer doesnt want it but i charge for the cut so its not like im walkin away with nothing. Let me know what ya think

MudslinginFX4

LawnSite Bronze Member
Well, it all depends on what you do with a spring clean up. I have some customers (actually many) who are well into the $2000-$3000 dollar range. Ain't no way I would give that to them. Maybe you reword that or be very specific about your specials, you wouldn't want to get stuck. I usually put something like 5% off of pinestraw with the purchase of at least 50 bales. Or maybe a free lawn cut with the purchase of a spring clean up.

OP
L

LawnEmpire

LawnSite Member
Hey thanks for the input. My spring clean-ups usually include getting any debris off the lawn like leaves and debris out of flower beds. Also with the 15% off every 4th cut, what do you people think of that? I figure it like this. I cut about 6 months out of the year and if im mowing once a week, so 4 times a month, there only gettin 15% off 6 times. Which on lets say a $30 yard comes out to be $27 for the season. So im only missin out on 27 bucks but then I gotta think about what if 20 customers did that. Thats $540 with 20 customers who all use the %15 off every 4th cut. I dont know let me know. Good idea or Bad idea??????

JCPSME

LawnSite Member
Well let's see $30 yard X (4 cuts/mo X 6 mos)= $720 X 20 customers = $14,400. $540 = 3.75% of your gross.

CBus

LawnSite Member
I'm coming into this business from retail management, and I can tell you that 3.75% of your gross is not a lot to lose on a promotion. Well, not in retail, anyway.

BillyRgn

LawnSite Member
i sometimes just offer the first lawn mow for half price and the seems to work well for 1/4 to 1/2 acre lots that i get

codywyomingus

LawnSite Member
senoir citizen discounts, new client referrals, a free cut at end of season for loyal customers, with there accounts in good standing. Gift certificates, for a dinner out, etc.