Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm looking for a 48'' to 60'' walk-behind able to mow grass on a 45 degrees hill. Our ZDs are not able to climb it and our frontal mower (Kubota F3680) is not able too. I heard that engine can break because of a lack of oil. Is it possible to buy a walk-behind with mix gasoline, like 21'' mowers.

The best for us would be John Deere WB or Toro. Any comments, need help!

Thanks!!!

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
A friend of mine has an old Gravely WB with a 2 stroke engine on it. I don't remember the name of the engine as it isn't common, but, that's exactly what he uses it on. Steep hills. I'd search Craigslist, lawn equipment shops, etc. It's not going to be an easy find as this mower was manufactured in the mid 80's, or so I was told.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
We use weed eaters and 21" 2 stroke mowers for the steep hills.. Even at that, it better be a small piece of property. We are set up to tackle big steep hills. We have plenty of hills as it is in this part of the country, but we usually stay away from anything over a 30 degree slope.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.