Lawn Care Forum banner

SpeedFeed Adapter

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  rob7233 
#1 ·
I've been trying to get a speedfeed head for my Stihl FS90 for three months now. Both of my local dealers have said there used to be an easy adapter but the design changed and there is no way from shindaiwa to get an adapter now. I'm not buying this, what is the story?

#4 ·
Anyone have an idea what the Speed-feed adapter part number would be to put one on a Kawasaki KBL27a trimmer? Can I get it thru Shindaiwa? If, not where?

A buddy of mine did it and swore it was a great combination although he bought they universal version. I hope I can get the adapter separately...

#5 ·
Anyone have an idea what the Speed-feed adapter part number would be to put one on a Kawasaki KBL27a trimmer? Can I get it thru Shindaiwa? If, not where?

A buddy of mine did it and swore it was a great combination although he bought they universal version. I hope I can get the adapter separately...
Just found out today. The part number is 77890-15340 Price locally is $4.42

Called Technical service at the now combined ECHO/Shindaiwa venture.
What a disaster!
I was only allowed to speak with a very young female(very early 20's at best). Of course she didn't know what I was talking about AND then had to go ask someone in Technical service area!! :hammerhead: I waited and waited. I "suggested" that it would be best if I could speak directly to them and that request was declined. Never did get my answer to my first question.

I guess all the old Shindaiwa guys in Oregon decided to go across the street to work for Maruyama. I'd be looking for great things coming from them!
Now in the past, I've always had the best experience if I needed to call the Shindaiwa Factory directly. Not that the girl wasn't trying to be professional or helpful, it was out of her knowledge base and she should've past it along like I requested. And I'm a hardcore Shindaiwa guy but now I'll be starting to look elsewhere. If that's what the the Shindaiwa/Echo customer service is going to be like in the future, I won't be around for them long.

In looking at how long these threads/posts go unanswered by the Shindaiwa folks (who should be monitoring this site), I'd say the outlook for them looks "fair to partly cloudy".

#6 ·
i know this is a fairly old thread but i used to be a hardcore shindy fan as well, then i heard echo bought them out and that was basically it for me, that and our dealer stopped selling them ha...probably going to switch over to stihl, just bought a fs90 and am trying to put the speedfeed head on it before echo ****s it up and starts redesigning them...i like the fs90 so far, only problem is the throttle is a little touchy, seems like it's hard to find a "constant medium"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.