Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
The driver must alway but bigger than the driven pull. Just wondering what type of mower do you plan on doing this to?????????? Depend on how much you want to speedy up it might some more horsepower to move your mower

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
430 boy said:
The driver must alway but bigger than the driven pull. Just wondering what type of mower do you plan on doing this to?????????? Depend on how much you want to speedy up it might some more horsepower to move your mower
HUH??? ;)

What is it we are saying?

·
Registered
80 Posts
sorry if no one understand engineer. I'll try to it simply. Driver pulley aka the pulley on the engine. the driven pulley aka the pully on the cutting deck or transmission.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The engine shaft pulley would have to bigger rather than smaller to do this but it will increase the load on your engine. IE - make it work harder to perform the same work!

430 boy - I'm guessing English is not your primary language or you just don't have time to proofread.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you've a two pulley takeoff on the crank, and can split them, go bigger on the deck PTO pulley.

Otherwise, see if you can change pulley's on the deck. I'm betting Hydro's have an RPM issue, and certainly you'll load the engine down more .

And guys, get out more, maybe this will help:

Dewie, Chetum, and Howw,
Attorney At Law

·
Registered
620 Posts
If the belt on the engines pulley is 5.25" across, don't go to a 6" pulley. I've done this on my 85 Toro 117 Groundsmaster. It goes a little faster but I can't mow that fast. I figured that I increased the 52" decks blade tip speed from 180 miles per hour to 207 mph. This is working the engine too hard and the engine slows a bit when I engage the deck. It gets worse when I climb a hill. I have put together a new cross-shaft bracket that transfers to power to the mower deck. This one is gearing the mower deck speed down to just about 5% above factory specks as opposed to the 15% above factory specs its running right now. If you want to go faster or mow better, get a better mower and don't modify yours.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Just notch out the motion control lever stops. A little will get you a lot and running the hydros faster really isn't conducive to longevity.

I had one of the fastest Walker Mowers on the planet by installing a jack shaft pulley that was smaller than the jack shaft assembly plus the engine was turned up to about 3800-4000 rpms. The hydros were so nervous that the only way to take off was to engage the blades at just over half throttle, start moving and then add more throttle. We removed the pulley after a couple of days because it scared everyone who drove it. Never again will I over rev a hydro pump.

·
Banned
3,256 Posts
430 boy said:
sorry if no one understand engineer. I'll try to it simply. Driver pulley aka the pulley on the engine. the driven pulley aka the pully on the cutting deck or transmission.
That one was worse then the last one! For crying out loud guy, PROOF READ your post before you submit it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.