speedzone spray tank question

pbr1893

LawnSite Member
usually do pre/post em's granular but worker subs out spray rig and decided to try 300 gallon rig using speedzone. calibrated 1k sq ft at 1 minute spray at 100 lbs pressure...then filled bucket for 1 minute giving me right at 1 gallon...so i used 2.5 gallon speedzone for 300 gallon tank...maybe a little weak but wanted to be safe...any suggestions??? did a good bit of spraying today but rain shot up in evening...hoping speedzone got a chance to start to dry off and work on the turf applied later in the day compared to early turf due to rain...says 3-4 hours quick dry....opinions on all mentioned greatly appreciated.

hitechlm

LawnSite Senior Member
We use a lesco skid sprayer and calibrate it at 1.5 gallons per 1000 sq ft. or 2 gallons a minute at 100 psi. We also use the chem-lawn gun with the yellow tip. This time of year we are spraying 4-speed xt at a rate of 1.5oz per 1000 sq ft (our sprayer covers 133.33k per tank full so we use 200oz per 200 gallons). We can see results within 24 hrs of spraying.

Dave Stuart

LawnSite Member
usually do pre/post em's granular but worker subs out spray rig and decided to try 300 gallon rig using speedzone. calibrated 1k sq ft at 1 minute spray at 100 lbs pressure...then filled bucket for 1 minute giving me right at 1 gallon...so i used 2.5 gallon speedzone for 300 gallon tank...maybe a little weak but wanted to be safe...any suggestions??? did a good bit of spraying today but rain shot up in evening...hoping speedzone got a chance to start to dry off and work on the turf applied later in the day compared to early turf due to rain...says 3-4 hours quick dry....opinions on all mentioned greatly appreciated.
Rates for cool season 3 to as high as 5 pints/acre
Warm season grasses 2-4 pints

Spray volumes between .4 to 4 gal / 1000 sqft
Looks good.

OP
P

pbr1893

LawnSite Member
cool season grass. thanks for your figures...i always have this nightmare about burning up a lawn or plants...not a good dream. seems that between .75 oz-1.5 per thousand is the understood and we're right in the target with 1.0 oz. now if i can only find a magic bottle of trouble free workers who dont break equipment...all will be right with the world.

JWTurfguy

LawnSite Senior Member
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I thought I remembered the cool-season rate for Speedzone being 1.1-1.8 oz per thousand sq ft? If so, going down at .75-1.0 might not be enough for you. Most guys around here aim for around 1.5 oz per thousand.