• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Speedzone ??

T.E.

LawnSite Senior Member
I need some help. I am trying to get some wild strawberries out of a fescue lawn. I'm wondering if anyone has used "Speed Zone" with any luck, and if you have, what mixture rate?

I know that straight 2-4-D has a little struggle with strawberries and wild violet. So is this a good option? Thanks, Tony

Yes I'm licensed. Thanks, Tony

Hamons

LawnSite Senior Member
Speedzone works fantastic on wild violets -- better than anything else I've tried. Actaully, I have been making "my own" sppedzone by combining Quicksilver and Strike Three together. Same active ingredients. I apply mixture at .9ml of quicksilver (jsut afew drops) and 1.1 oz of Strike Three per 1000 ft.

For speedzone -- jsut look at the label. Feel free to go with maximum rate -- I have never seen it burn turf at label rates -- unless its very hot out 80+

kppurn

LawnSite Senior Member
I have experimented with using a mix similar to Hamons. Last fall I used Quicksilver with Lesco Three-Way at the same rate as above. It worked very well on the wild violets and other weeds I treated.

MOW ED

LawnSite Fanatic
Speedzone is excellent for a broad range of weeds. I mix at 1oz per gal. If you don't have a huge area just put 4 oz in a backpack sprayer to 4 gals and go to town. The stuff has made me and my customers a believer. Its not the cheapest but then niether am I.