1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

spindle for byers gold

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jakano, May 11, 2004.

1. jakano

jakano LawnSite Member

hi guys just found this sight and although i am not in the green industry any more i still wanted a commercial mower for home. i went cheap and bought a used byers gold 36 with sulky.I have used it for two years with no troubles till now. the spindle has a piece of metal on it that is in a groove along the length of the spindle.this is what attaches to the pulley that is used to drive the blade. This piece of matel has sheared off and I need to fix it. do I need to get a whole new spindle assembly of can i find just that piece that sheared off. Also where do i find parts for this. I did a search and found out about landscaper supply do they still have parts for this mower. thank you for any info.

2. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds to me like your talking about the keyway. it should be a 1/4 inch and you can just buy that for about a dollar or two at any lawnmower place. take your set screw out put new keyway on put pulley back on and tighten set screw thats it fixed.