Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I'm new to zero turns and have never had a spindle go out but I am curious exactly how to know. I was mowing and my right blade stopped working and the bolts that held the pulley to the spindle all got stripped and the pulley came off. I took my spindle to see how much it would be to re-thread the holes and they said $60. I don't want to spend that money if thats not all of the problem. It seems like the spindle if functional, it spins and everything but is there a way for me to tell without getting those holes re-threaded? Thank you very much it will help me out a lot.

·
Registered
310 Posts
From the looks of it, you can re-thread the old one for $60 or you can replace the whole spindle for about $60. Which one do you prefer?

Whatever you decide, I would make it a point to check your mower hardware over for tightness every once in a while. You probably could have prevented this problem by catching those bolts coming loose much earlier.

·
Registered
10,093 Posts
What is it made out of gold? Go to landscaperpro.com or russo power equipment. Why couldnt you re threadt the spindle yourself? You just need a tap and if its too bad then a helicoil. I personally would replace the spindle though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.