1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Split tank sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RABBITMAN11, Jan 10, 2009.

1. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know of a company that makes smaller split tank sprayers?
    Like a 75/75 or 50/50.

2. JB1

JB1 LawnSite Fanatic

3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

You can build your own for 1/2 the money and acually customize it to fit your op!

Building a sprayer is very easy. PM me your e-mail address and I can send you pics of mine if you want to see it and get some ideas.

4. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I almost bought one of these last year. Best deal I've found. I was going to use 1 tank for Perimeter Pest Treatments& other for small tree/shrub. Drawback-has a roller pump instead of diaphragm, which is OK, depending on what you're going to use it for. Cost $2,500+shipping.

Hey Rodney-I'm interested in those pics/plans. I'll PM you my email.:usflag:

split pco.jpg

5. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

You already got my e-mail, can you send the pics too me too while you are at it?

Thanks!

6. KACYDS

KACYDS LawnSite Senior Member

Another drawback is the hand crank on the hose reel. I hope most of you guys are not using a hand crank and have an electric reel. I just cant imagine rolling up 300' of hose 8-10 times a day.:dizzy:

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yep rcreech

It is not hard and a lot cheaper to just add an other tank. Draw backs might be space. I have seen some very nice Fiberglass split tanks that fit like a Space saver.

While I had a split tank set up at one time, I got away from them due to cross contamination of products. I now only run single tanks, pump and hose reel. I have 3 on my cab over and two 5 X 10 trailers with a skid sprayer on each for special jobs. In my case I have down sized from a bigger operation and have equipment left over. Therefore as a one man band I have more equipment than I really need. Fact is I still have pumps and hose reels sitting in my barn that I don't use at all. I am a collector and no desire to sell any thing right now. I keep having bad thoughts that maybe I will hire help and need that equipment.

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Ric,

I currently have a 3 tank system and adding another to make it 4 (currently adding a Three Way concentrate tank with oz meter and pump).

I have it set up so that NO WAY can products be mixed or cross contaminated. Took me about 6 month to design (could have done much quicker, but wanted it to be close to perfect).

It is a pretty sweet rig and is all aluminum.

My new set up after adding the Three Way tank will include:
    4 tanks, three pumps, 2 hose reels and bulk water load for my ride on. Nice thing is...I can still haul a pallet (I usually only haul 30 bags or so as that is what I use/day) of fert and I have my ride on hanging on the back.

My truck is a very effecient, and compact ride! :cool2:

I have literally in 1 stop, sprayed a flowerbed, did a perimeter pest control, mole job and sprayed the lawn. This 1 stop was all in about an hour and was VERY PROFITABLE!

9. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

We need pics! 30 bags a day is humpin. I can only move that much fert on the days I do commercial or acreage. Are you able to just fork in a pallet to your truck?

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Wow you sound like you have a sweet setup