Spoke to my Association today

cpt87gn

LawnSite Member
Well i went to the association office in the subdivision that i live in to ask about passing out flyers or doorhangers and he said that there was no soliciting ..I dont live in the nicest community or the cleanest .Theres different people the come to my door Kirby sells guys and others.
My question is should i still go around and talk to people and hang doorhangers? And he said that they curently dont advertise on there newsletter

Bob_n_weave

LawnSite Senior Member
Well i went to the association office in the subdivision that i live in to ask about passing out flyers or doorhangers and he said that there was no soliciting ..I dont live in the nicest community or the cleanest .Theres different people the come to my door Kirby sells guys and others.
My question is should i still go around and talk to people and hang doorhangers? And he said that they curently dont advertise on there newsletter

I would ask for a copy of the neighborhood policies. Nothing in writing means no policy. But...do you like people knocking on your door to sell stuff ? I don't,and believe most people are annoyed by it. Just hang it on the door and move on.

Bunton Guy

LawnSite Silver Member
Im fine with doing that . but does no soliciting mean not passing out flyers or doorhangers?

I believe "soliciting" would cover any form of trying to acquire new business by means of contacting the homeowner.

I've been contacted by a Postmaster before about putting flyers in paper boxes...even though that was property of the local newspaper company apparently he thought I was on his turf. Warned me that he would turn me into the county sheriff's dept. if I put out any more flyers in his area.

mowerbrad

LawnSite Fanatic
In my area, "soliciting" would be considered people going door to door selling you something. It would not be going around passing out flyers/door hangers. Our township has a policy that any person soliciting door to door must have a permit, however, passing out flyers or doorhangers, you don't need a permit.

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
If it's not a private neighborhood with a gated entrance then they can't put a blanket "no soliciting" on the entire neighborhood.

MarcSmith

LawnSite Fanatic

Ask him if he' d be willing to put in an article that you write about landscape maintenance. Offer to cover printing costs. and you still be able to put your name phone number and company on the "by line" of the article.

It how I got around the "no ads" in the newsletters.

Top Forums