• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Sponsored Discussion 1/27/06 - How Should Blower Performance Be Measured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatewayuser

LawnSite Bronze Member
No I won't need to have it go up against another blower because I know what to expect from the others already, but I still like the idea of seeing that online. But now thats just from me some people are different, and I don't really like it when a dealer tries to sell me something I'm not even interested in looking at. Sometimes though that can be a helpful thing but most of the time its not, I have had to switch dealers a couple of times because of that. ( example more money for a junkier product)

Next time I go to my dealer I will try to get them to sign up.:waving:

Gatewayuser said:
No I won't need to have it go up against another blower because I know what to expect from the others already, but I still like the idea of seeing that online. But now thats just from me some people are different, and I don't really like it when a dealer tries to sell me something I'm not even interested in looking at. Sometimes though that can be a helpful thing but most of the time its not, I have had to switch dealers a couple of times because of that. ( example more money for a junkier product)

Next time I go to my dealer I will try to get them to sign up.:waving:
Let me see if I understand my responsibilities in your view.

Get at least one on the dealers floor. Let the unit be its own silent salesman via POP (point of purchase) that shows the features. If you're interested and want to see a demo you'll ask for one. That's when the unit has to speak for itself.

For POP would you want one that has photos that highlight performance differences and superior features or something else? I still need to continue to show and create additional videos on the website that show performance differences as well?

Mr. Force

Gatewayuser

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yes you need to have one on the floor of the dealer, I don't like not seeing how things perform before I buy I bought a $5500 mistake of a mower that way.

For POP would you want one that has photos that highlight performance differences and superior features or something else?

Yes on a display and brochure would be a good way to advertise, I don't care about numbers that much just just highlight on the main stuff.

If you made more videos that would be something good for people questioning the true power of your machine.

Gatewayuser said:
Yes you need to have one on the floor of the dealer, I don't like not seeing how things perform before I buy I bought a $5500 mistake of a mower that way.

For POP would you want one that has photos that highlight performance differences and superior features or something else?

Yes on a display and brochure would be a good way to advertise, I don't care about numbers that much just just highlight on the main stuff.

If you made more videos that would be something good for people questioning the true power of your machine.
I've got a whole lot of work to get done here now. I appreciate your time and input.

Would a parking break (so the unit doesn't roll away when you stop to do something else), lock down kit(so you don't have to bungee or tie the unit down), or caster kit (somewhat self explanatory) on the Force be something you would like to see?

Mr. Force

Tvov

LawnSite Bronze Member
Mr. Force said:
I've got a whole lot of work to get done here now. I appreciate your time and input.

Would a parking break (so the unit doesn't roll away when you stop to do something else), lock down kit(so you don't have to bungee or tie the unit down), or caster kit (somewhat self explanatory) on the Force be something you would like to see?

Mr. Force
If the parking brake doesn't cost any extra and doesn't give it more weight, that would be fine. I don't see such a need for one that I would pay extra for it.

Same with lock down kit...I am not sure how that would work, and I secure all my equipment my own way (ask my employees, lol).

Caster kit...As an extra cost option for those who want it, sure. I don't need one for the way I do things.

Tvov said:
If the parking brake doesn't cost any extra and doesn't give it more weight, that would be fine. I don't see such a need for one that I would pay extra for it.

Same with lock down kit...I am not sure how that would work, and I secure all my equipment my own way (ask my employees, lol).

Caster kit...As an extra cost option for those who want it, sure. I don't need one for the way I do things.
Thanks! Anyone else?

Mr. Force

TLS

LawnSite Fanatic
Parking brake would be a very usefull feature. I liked to start up my LW and let it warm up prior to full blast RPM's. I always had to let it roll towards something that would stop it from rolling.

I'm thinking something similar to eXmarks WB brake that simply scrubs the tire with a bar.

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
TLS said:
Parking brake would be a very usefull feature. I liked to start up my LW and let it warm up prior to full blast RPM's. I always had to let it roll towards something that would stop it from rolling.

I'm thinking something similar to eXmarks WB brake that simply scrubs the tire with a bar.

Just put a stick across the rear wheels:eek: You can mount it to the blower too:eek:

TLS

LawnSite Fanatic
John Gamba said:
Just put a stick across the rear wheels:eek: You can mount it to the blower too:eek:
Yeah, but how many times are you blowing a parking lot, and the homeowner/business owner comes out to chat. Idle it down and you cant walk away a few feet because it'll start rolling away. With a brake, you just set it and walk towards him. Talk, and come back....release the brake, throttle up and continue your work.

NEVER shut down engines to talk to people.....it gives them the impression you want to talk for a long peroid of time.

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
TLS said:
Yeah, but how many times are you blowing a parking lot, and the homeowner/business owner comes out to chat. Idle it down and you cant walk away a few feet because it'll start rolling away. With a brake, you just set it and walk towards him. Talk, and come back....release the brake, throttle up and continue your work.

NEVER shut down engines to talk to people.....it gives them the impression you want to talk for a long peroid of time.

How about talking when your done??? Charge by the hour!!

Status
Not open for further replies.