• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Sponsored Discussion 1/27/06 - How Should Blower Performance Be Measured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLS

LawnSite Fanatic
John, I understand what your getting at. But, why would you NOT want a simple tire scrubbing over center park brake?

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
TLS said:
John, I understand what your getting at. But, why would you NOT want a simple tire scrubbing over center park brake?

It will cost more. I need the option of a Swivel wheel.

TLS

LawnSite Fanatic
Cost is up to the manufacturer. He needs to offer these options FREE OF CHARGE to entice potential buyers to purchase HIS blower. Right now, there is nothing more than a bit more power that may or may not be usable for blowing debris and leaves. These "extras" may be his key to breaking into this tough, established field.

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
TLS said:
Cost is up to the manufacturer. He needs to offer these options FREE OF CHARGE to entice potential buyers to purchase HIS blower. Right now, there is nothing more than a bit more power that may or may not be usable for blowing debris and leaves. These "extras" may be his key to breaking into this tough, established field.[/QUOTE

I see it weighing less and they may have done something with the housing(being Plastic) that the metal housing could have a hard time doing,Like air flow patterns??

I see it weighing less and they may have done something with the housing(being Plastic) that the metal housing could have a hard time doing,Like air flow patterns??[/QUOTE]

John,

Have you been watching us? Indeed there are things that you can do in polymers that you can't do in steel. We're in the process of patenting some of those features. Actually you could do it in steel but the cost, and weight would make it dead on arrival sales-wise.

As for the features I asked about they would be all considered accessories. I do appreciate your input.

Mr. Force

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Mr. Force said:
I see it weighing less and they may have done something with the housing(being Plastic) that the metal housing could have a hard time doing,Like air flow patterns??
John,

Have you been watching us? Indeed there are things that you can do in polymers that you can't do in steel. We're in the process of patenting some of those features. Actually you could do it in steel but the cost, and weight would make it dead on arrival sales-wise.

As for the features I asked about they would be all considered accessories. I do appreciate your input.

Mr. Force[/QUOTE]

If anything I can put the swivel wheel on myself:cry:

John

This sponsored discussion has unfortunately come to an end. I want to thank everyone for participating. There were many ideas that were discussed thoroughly. We, at the FORCE, know we can't please everyone with our decision on how to best show performance differences. Every test we came up with could be tampered with to get different results. Printing CFM and MPH only exposes ourselves to the unscrupulous business practices of others.

We believe, the best way to prove our product is superior to the competition is to show it with photos and video. What we have learned from you, is that you want to make up your own mind. "Just get the unit in our hands; we'll be the judges." No marketing or salesmanship can save a demo that doesn't perform. A free unit is the ultimate demo unit. If you haven't already done so, sign up to win a Limited Edition Force Blower at http://www.experiencetheforce.com/register.php

In closing, I would like to thank Sean Adams and Lawnsite for making this forum possible. As promised, we've also updated some of our specs this afternoon. So, be sure to drop by the site http://www.experiencetheforce.com/specifications.php to see what's new. Thank you for your participation and don't hesitate to contact me or start a new thread with any questions you may have about the Force.

Mr. Force

Status
Not open for further replies.