1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sponsoring some softball teams....

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ExclusiveLawnCare, Mar 12, 2009.

1. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Very good idea, and im doing it as well! Dont get to put a catchy line on it, but the company name is on it, as well as a banner on the fence!

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I would just go with your company name.

3. kaferhaus

kaferhaus LawnSite Bronze Member

We've done this for years, and still do it just to be a good member of the community. Do not expect a single account from it though. As I said we've done it for years, banners on the fences, uniforms etc. not the first call related to any sponorship

4. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Yup, that's what I'm looking to do, Just get the name out a little more.

5. nylawnman75

nylawnman75 LawnSite Member

We did that last year. They used grass-green shirts and I know that I got three new customers from people seeing the team. I'm definitely doing it again!

6. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Your close, your close. What the players remembered was how I was able to project my voice, i.e. make it heard all over the field. A trick I learned calling cadence for young trainees when I was in the Army - back when they were issued flintlocks.
    Actually I was known for being a fair umpire - and that my black Lab would lie down directly behind the home plate fence and watch me while I was on the field. She sure barks loud when someone tried to "help" themselves to a beer out of my cooler.