1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

sport 48 mulch kit

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by 2muchwork, Jun 12, 2010.

1. 2muchwork

2muchwork LawnSite Member

I had my dealer order mulchkit for my Sport 48 - when he ordered it he told me the kit included blades. When I picked it up yesterday there were no blades. He told me to use the factory blades. Why does Hustler have a pn for mulching blades then? Did my dealer screw up?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The 48" Sport mulch kit comes with the mulching blades.
    Here is the information > Kit, 48" Mulch, Sport (blades included) Hustler part # 112953 MSRP $159.00
    Is this the part # you received?
    The mulch kit should be used with the Hustler mulching blades.

Pj

3. 2muchwork

The pn of the kit I received is 111164 - dealer told me the stock blade is a high lift and to just use that I think he should have ordered the blades also - now to order just the blades I am sure is more expensive than if he just ordered the correct kit to begin with.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not finding that part # anywhere, there is a 111163, it is a 42" Sport mulch kit without blades.
    I think you have the wrong kit.

Pj

5. 2muchwork

well the installation instruction paper inside the box had 111164 pn - on page 1 of your sticky of 2009/2009 pricing you in fact list that pn for 48 sport mulch kit.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I found out today myself... That is the old #, we sell the new # now with the blades.

Pj