1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Spray technique tips

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by Ducko, May 16, 2012.

1. Ducko

Ducko LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

Hi,

I am fairly new to the business and I am trying to figure out how to spray properly.

I know that when you spray there are 2 lines that show when spraying. I am worried that those lines may stay after the product (BlackMac) dries.

If anybody can provide some tips on how to effectively spray so that the driveway will dry evenly I would GREATLY appreciate it.

:canadaflag:

2. salopez

salopez LawnSite Senior Member

this looks like an oil product correct? if so those lines will be there for a while

3. Ducko

Ducko LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

Ya it is an oil based product. Will it blend in and become uniform or will it be there for a LONG WHILE?

4. Dintlow

Dintlow LawnSite Member

Try turning up your pressure or putting a new tip on. A worn out tip will show those lines even when you have good pressure.

5. Ducko

Ducko LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

The tip and gun are both brand new. When I was working today I was thinking that the pressure was low. I will try doing that ;)

Thanks!