Spray truck with zspray rack

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Aug 15, 2018.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Fanatic
    from nc

Anyone run a spray truck with a zspray rack? This one carries a zmax. I’m currently in a truck/open trailer. I have an inside spot to park but looking at going the dedicated truck route.

2. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GEORGIA

That’s great. But I could do all that with a box truck.

dishman89 likes this.
  3. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

seem to big for what i do, I think the rack in the back is to low, But it is real nice

4. SamSchlotz

SamSchlotz LawnSite Member

We have an K3500 with a J36 Rackable. It requires a second hitch for support. Never had any issues, aside from dealing with Toro(Z) now...

5. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Fanatic
    from nc

Here is another I found.

I like the ability to run a hose if needed. Plus the tank setup is on a skid for removal and use in other ways.

94814982-0F44-452D-90DD-E2B5E104FE02.jpeg

hort101, On a call and ETM like this.
  6. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

The problem with the open setup is just that...its open to the weather and theives. It would work perfectly in Southern California because “it never rains in Southern California”. At least that is what the title song from the 70’s mentions.

I have an enclosed trailer setup...no issues with the weather and it is secure-well for the most part it is. Certain areas it is a PITA but 99% of the time it works out just fine.

Landgreen and ETM like this.
  7. On a call

On a call LawnSite Gold Member

I used pick-ups with Ton-hoe covers. Tanks, fert, chem all fit under the cover.

Inexpensive

Inexpensive

So I like the set up....

One thing I would add to the leading setup would be a vacuum set up to vac up and slop or dry and to put back into applications. !!!!

hort101 and ETM like this.
  8. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

This is similar to the setup I use, works for me. I have a cage with drop down door on the driver's side for the backpacks.

hort101 and ETM like this.
  9. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

You make a good point, On-a-Call. A truck cap is a good idea--but--I would want one that was hinged on the driver side.
    So then--you could raise it up when running the pump or when filling the tank.
    Better yet if it had gas cylinder assist. Should have easy one hand opening and positive lockdown.
    Better if the skid sprayer were shifted 6 inches to the left or right, so there would be room for fert next to the skid sprayer tank. Stack bags vertically.

If someone can figure out how to get a spreader conveniently inside, so much the better. Might have to go with a 50 or 60 pound spreader--they are smaller.

Use a double length starter rope so you don't have to reach down inside the bed to start the pump. Put the hose reel on the fender in a convenient spot.

On a call and hort101 like this.
  10. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

This setup may be less than you think, at least it was for me.