Spray volume less than label says!?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tdoeizreal, Oct 9, 2018.

1. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GEORGIA

Yep we are spraying at .25 per 1000 and have great success.

2. tdoeizreal

tdoeizreal LawnSite Senior Member

What do you use for crabgrass at such low spray volume?

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I have done Q4, no added sticker. Does well.

4. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Silver Member

I've had no issue spraying quin dry flowable at 3k per.

teblet - I'm sure you've read about the issues I've had with my Exmark as well. I was at our local Nutrien talking to a guy in the warehouse, he suggested a different tank cleaner called All Clear at the decontamination rate.

It made a huge difference, my machine can actually sustain 40psi now with white tips! I'd give it a shot man.

https://www.lovelandproducts.com/product/all-clear

5. ETM

from GEORGIA

Price?

6. That Guy Gary

I'll see if the admin will pull the invoice for me, when I pick up materials at Nutrien I just get a packing slip since we've got a line of credit with them.

7. ETM

from GEORGIA

I can’t find a price is why i axed

8. That Guy Gary

Yeah I looked and couldn't find it for sale online either, well one site had it but needed an account to even view prices.

We paid $39 for it from our local CPS/Nutrien. Label says you need to flush with a min 1/10th spray volume but I run 5 gallons through, so 5 oz a cleaning it'll last a good while.

9. tdoeizreal

tdoeizreal LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, and I'm sure you've read about mine. Crazy thing is, I was cleaning out my sprayer yesterday. Remember, I ran 3 tanks of scalding hot water through the tank as per Exmark instructions which didn't work to get my spraying psi about 30. I cleaned it out once after that when I got it back. Then yesterday, before I read this, I ran lesco tank cleaner through it (same as last time). Then while emptying I figured I'd try and BOOM 40psi. So crazy! Kind of freaky how similar our experiences were with these machines were this season.

That Guy Gary likes this.
  10. That Guy Gary

I'd used two other cleaners this year with no improvement, so I didn't think it was a sediment/accumulation issue. Forgot the product names but they were made by quali pro and Montgomery.

I don't like the T for the nozzles, and I think some of the fittings in the manifold are likely to get build up on them.

Glad yours is performing the way you like!