Sprayer Log

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Grandview, Jul 17, 2009.

  1. Grandview

    Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI
    Messages: 3,251

    Does anybody use any kind of log system to keep track of what is in your sprayers. If I use Roundup I flush my tank and system right away so I do not forget. My biggest issue is did I put 3-Way herbicide in the tanks or not. If I have not used a machine for a couple days I may not have a clue what is in the tank.
  2. Rtom45

    Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 456

    In PA. you are required to keep track of all chemical applications. Your records are to be available for inspection by PDA at their request. It should be a very simple matter to add a section which indicates which sprayer was used.
  3. garydale

    garydale LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 813

    I would recommend you have sprayer dedicated to Round-up.
  4. morturf

    morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest
    Messages: 476

    Go to office supply store get some paper wire tags like they use at small engine service places. When you put something in the tank wire the tag to the tank/handle/whatever with the product and the date so you know how long you have had it in there. works for me
  5. JFF

    JFF LawnSite Member
    Messages: 248

    Luggage tags with business card inserts. Write what is in your mix, attach it to the tank.
  6. turf hokie

    turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,753

    Get those UPS shipping label holders. The ones that stick on the package with the packing slip. This way they are water proof. DEC here requires a label of what is in the tank/machine to be attached to the unit itself. Even though a label is required in the cab of the truck.
  7. Runner

    Runner LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 13,497

    I just use sticker labels on my backpacks. I put the chem and date. Use a Sharpee permanent marker, though. My PG, I don't label, because I pretty much remember what I have in there, and if it is spiked. Now, i HAVE emptied my PG into the empty jugs and labeled them with what is in it, along with the term PG Mix.
  8. RigglePLC

    RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 13,814

    I am with Runner. I use little sticky labels normally used for prices at garage sales. Also, sometimes I use self stick address labels. I print them on the computer with a space to put the chemical, concentration and the date it was mixed. Use a separate "no weed killer" sprayer as needed.
  9. LB1234

    LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,208

    I have a backpack just for roundup labeled non-selective, another backpack labeled selective that I use strictly for weed applications in lawns (3 way or acclaim), another pump sprayer for ornamental applications of fungicides/insectides. Each sprayer is labeled and that is all that goes in there. The last thing I need to do is forget I put roundup in there, didn't rinse it good enough and spray someones lawn...

    If anythings gets leftover I put it in a 5 gallon pale with a lid and lamenate a label for it..then it gets duct taped on.

    for my nurse tank and boom sprayer tank I know whats in there since I'm the only one spraying and we use the mandatory log system that the NJDEP PCP (or whatever its called) says we need to use. If I do not remember I can go right back to the log book.
  10. Lbilawncare

    Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,119

    Paint pens (written on lid and "against back" side of sprayers. I recommend having separate sprayers for everything. I have dedicated backpacks for Round-Up, Weed Control, Sedgehammer, Drive75, Pramitol, Mosquito's, etc..

Share This Page