Sprayer questions

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turfmasterslincoln, May 16, 2018.

1. turfmasterslincoln

turfmasterslincoln LawnSite Member

Im looking for suggestions for anyone that might be able to help. I do mostly all grannular applications and when i do spray i use a backpack. I recently aquired 2 large HOA’s that will require some spraying. Obviously since I will only be spraying 2 properties (large) i dont want to go out and buy a brand new sprayer this year. My question is do I get a used spreader or would a spray tank with a boom pulled behing my ztr work for this year and then reevaluate? Ive looked at all types of spreaders and I’m not sure which way to go. I dont want a skid sprayer. Only blanket spraying for dandelions as of now. Suggestions?...... And yes i do have my license,,,,

2. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 35 gallon tank spraying 1/2 gal per 1000 sq feet mounted to the FRONT of my zero turn, with the boom in front of that. 7' swath. Very efficient and it also has a wand. And I get to sit down...

3. brichter14

4. brichter14

[​IMG]

jonthepain and ETM like this.
  5. turfmasterslincoln

turfmasterslincoln LawnSite Member

6. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GEORGIA

I really like this. Did you make it or what????

7. brichter14

Yeah it’s all pieced together. Easy stuff.

Tank is a 35 gallon. Pump is bolted to the top. T and ball valve on the pump to switch from boom to wand.

There is an aerator pump inside the tank that agitates at a flip of a switch. It needs replaced actually but worked for 2 seasons.

The boom is just angle aluminum and square aluminum bolted together. If you want closer pics of something let me know.

8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

You need a skid sprayer. Get one. It will pay for itself over time. Once you have paid for the engine and pump--the tank is actually relatively cheap--the electric reel is somewhat expensive--maybe $500.