Spraying Atrazine in high heat

Spraytek

LawnSite Member
Does anyone have any experience spraying Atrazine 4L in temperatures above 90? I've always heard not to spray it when the temperature is over 90, but I've never had the need to spray it at that time of the year. The Drexel label doesn't say anything about temp restrictions. Anyway, I've got several yards that I picked up earlier this summer that have chamber bitter and doveweed starting to emerge., so Atrazine would be my cheapest option to control both weeds. Any experience and suggestions would be appreciated.

gregory

LawnSite Bronze Member
good luck.......whats the turf your trying to treat?

grassmasterswilson

LawnSite Fanatic
Have only used it with fall and spring apps.

Thought about celcius or msm?

OP
S

Spraytek

LawnSite Member
Have only used it with fall and spring apps.

Thought about celcius or msm?

Right, only spring and fall apps when it's used.
I tried MSM, and surprisingly, it didn't get the chamber bitter. I knew it wouldn't do much to the doveweed. I've sprayed celsius in a couple of the yards, but the doveweed is still going strong.
Posted via Mobile Device

RAlmaroad

LawnSite Silver Member
Please error on the side of caution. Spray only below 85. Have you considered Simazine instead of Atrazine which has lots of lateral movement. Never spray it around any trees closer than 10'. I like it in December to very early Spring for winter weeds.

gregory

LawnSite Bronze Member
might try dismiss for the doveweed...atrazine in the heat can be deadly to st aug.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
might try dismiss for the doveweed...atrazine in the heat can be deadly to st aug.

I think this statement could be applied anywhere in the US, when considering herbicide apps in high heat. Just don't do it.

Top Forums