Spraying chelated iron out of a low volume system.

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Marine03112, Aug 11, 2019.

1. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Wait a minute.
    Now I remember the huge crystals I found in my retail iron product from a garden store. Best to filter it--or--screen the solution before pouring it into the tank.
    I will try to find the link and pictures.

2. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Gold Member

Feature is a professionally packaged product that is a water soluble and packaged as a really fine powder.

When was the last time you poured a product from off the shelf of a garden center into your commercial spray unit?!

Marine03112 likes this.
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I cannot find the photos and link at them moment. It is likely the liquid retail iron product--had sat on the store shelf for a few months before I bought it.
    I found a few really huge crystals in the bottle.
    Some of you probably remember the post and the pictures of the 1-inch diameter green crystal.
    It may have been this product.
    A non-chelate formulation as I recall. Whatever you buy--shake the bottle--if it rattles--don't buy it.

https://www.domyown.com/bonide-garden-rich-liquid-iron-plus-micronutrients-p-2072.html?msclkid=84a31ec274f51a5430a5439468332d30&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=(ROI) PLA - DMO Shopping&utm_term=4580840320001275&utm_content=Ad group #1

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    hort101 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Silver Member

Riggle I don’t use off the shelf material. With that said thanks for the input. I either will use a dissolvable bag to put in my toro tank. The machine had true agitation. I also have a jug of chelated iron hanging around. Shake it up and put it in my machine. Run the agitation for awhile to get it in suspension and I think I will be good to go. Thanks everyone for the input.

hort101 likes this.
  5. Reedo

Reedo LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from S.E. Minnesota

We ended up using Foltec Minors as we experienced frequent pump problems on our Z’s. We tried Main Event with iron first but that was as bad or worse. Foltec has been great after 2 seasons now.

6. OP
    OP
    Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Silver Member

Does Zspray have true jet agitation?