Lawn Care Forum banner

Spraying chelated iron out of a low volume system.

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Marine03112 
#1 ·
I would like to try this. Out of a toro spreader sprayer. Anyone that has done this please let me know your experience. Thanks

#4 ·
I would think it would not have enough carrier (water) and could do damage, but I spray with a hose, so I don't really know. Mix up a little and spray "Your" yard and see what happens.

#10 ·
My fert man sprays from a ground logic, pumps one gallon per 2500 square feet, he mixes 6 oz per gallon, waters it naturally

#13 · (Edited)
I cannot find the photos and link at them moment. It is likely the liquid retail iron product--had sat on the store shelf for a few months before I bought it.
I found a few really huge crystals in the bottle.
Some of you probably remember the post and the pictures of the 1-inch diameter green crystal.
It may have been this product.
A non-chelate formulation as I recall. Whatever you buy--shake the bottle--if it rattles--don't buy it.

https://www.domyown.com/bonide-garden-rich-liquid-iron-plus-micronutrients-p-2072.html?msclkid=84a31ec274f51a5430a5439468332d30&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=(ROI) PLA - DMO Shopping&utm_term=4580840320001275&utm_content=Ad group #1

#14 ·
Riggle I don’t use off the shelf material. With that said thanks for the input. I either will use a dissolvable bag to put in my toro tank. The machine had true agitation. I also have a jug of chelated iron hanging around. Shake it up and put it in my machine. Run the agitation for awhile to get it in suspension and I think I will be good to go. Thanks everyone for the input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.