Spraying licence in Tenn.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by X-mow, Jun 12, 2003.

  1. X-mow

    X-mow LawnSite Member
    Messages: 145

    Anybody Know how i would get a spraying licence in Tenn.?
  2. UGA

    UGA LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 326

    From what I've been told you have to have a minimum of two years experience working for an application company such as True Green or TurfDoctor OR have a Horticultural degree OR go before the board to appeal or ask if you can take the test. The Liscense test cost $200 then you have to take the certificate for passing the test along with proof of your $1mil liability policy and $10k surety bond to apply for your pesticide charter and pay another $200 for that. That is once they've allowed you to take the test of course. It's a pretty stringent set up but it may help to prevent as much competition for those that are doing it right. Not to assume that the big companies are always doing it right but you know what I mean.
  3. GroundKprs

    GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,969

  4. X-mow

    X-mow LawnSite Member
    Messages: 145

    Thanks GroundKprs

Share This Page