1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Spraying PAM on snowblowers works..how about mower decks?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by augs dad, Feb 19, 2002.

1. augs dad

augs dad LawnSite Member

Dont' laugh ..just yet...learned along time ago that spraying PAM inside 2 stage snowblower chutes significantly reduces clogging for any type of snow...obviously grass and snow are a bit different...dah...has anyone ever used this or something similar on mower decks? Alot cheaper than MoDECK...ok stop laughing now...thanks...Gary in PA

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Some of the biggest drawbacks to using cooking sprays is they attract flies etc, unlike the mow-deck products. Some use wd-40, others use a teflon spray, it all varies.

If your like I am and clean your decks thoroughly nightly (overkill) you shouldnt have a problem regardless of what you use.

Here is another alternative you could check into:
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=4265

Hope this helps!

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I read a post on this subject a few weeks ago. There was someone that tried Pam and he said that it did not work well. I have never tried anything personally.

MATT

4. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

If you do a search of MoDeck & cooking spray you'll find some good old threads on the subject. I'm not going to rehash what I already posted, but since trying the MoDeck I have not gone back to my old favorite cooking spray or any of the other tricks I used to use.

5. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Yea, I used the cooking spray :cry: GNAT fest!!

6. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i tried pam before and ended up with some sort of moldy-stuff:confused: