spraying round up

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by minix, Mar 26, 2009.

  1. minix

    minix LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 260

    Where do you get info on what is needed to beable to spray. I have a few accounts this year that wants me to spray for weeds and I want to make sure I have what is needed.
  2. DaughtryLC

    DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 739

    Check with your local Ag Extention. Like here its "Johnston County Ag Extention"
    Should be in the phone book.
  3. John from Mass

    John from Mass LawnSite Member
    Messages: 19

    ~~Disclaimer~~this assumes you know what type of weed~~
    I went to John Deere Landscapes(was Lesco) and they showed me the product, the sprayer and use instructions. The gallon bottle is SUPER concentrated, so follow the mixing instructions closely. In this case, they are in a booklet taped to the container.
    Good luck!

    John from Mass
  4. jhastrello

    jhastrello LawnSite Member
    Messages: 105

    Yes, you need to check with the local agent and/or the state. Here in Texas, you must be licensed now, to apply over the counter sprays - and not just the commercially powerful stuff.

Share This Page