Spraying Tenacity For Crabgrass Is A Joke

Hineline

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm seeing this around the area now. Maybe one or two companies using tenacity for weed control and crab. It looks horrendous and worst of all it doesn't even look like its even killing the crab. Rather than alert everyone that your lawn is full of junk I'd rather do what we do and have the crab melt away into the canopy when sprayed. What I'm seeing is a joke!

zlandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Pictures? What's the issue crabs turning white? People shouldn't have crabgrass needing spraying, preem' should have taken care of it.
Anything dead ain't gonna look pretty.

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm still wanting to try it on (tenacity) on dallisgrass as someone has stated in another thread it's labeled to control dallisgrass not just suppress.

OP
Hineline

Hineline

LawnSite Bronze Member
In some cases such as a full blown invasive grass, nutsedge, crab, nimblewill infested lawn, it might not be a bad idea but it will make a crab problem look even worse if that's the target. Drive by a green lawn that has some crab in it and it looks like a green lawn. Spray it with tenacity and you just highlight the crab, notify the public that the lawn has problems and not kill the crab. It's a stupid idea when it's so easy to just make it disappear.

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
Pictures? What's the issue crabs turning white? People shouldn't have crabgrass needing spraying, preem' should have taken care of it.
Anything dead ain't gonna look pretty.
Lol...how long have you been doing this? Unless you have some magical potion that eliminates all crabgrass?