1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Spreader Recommendation (Lesco vs. Earthway)

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by KevMel, May 20, 2006.

1. KevMel

KevMel LawnSite Member

I finally got sick of my Agri-Fab spreader gear jamming, so I gave it to my father-in-law and am now in search of a replacement. I THINK I've narrowed down my choice to either the Earthway C24SS 100# spreader or the 80# Lesco spreader. I read elsewhere on this site that the gear box on the Earthway jams unless you load it regularly with grease. - Given these 2 spreaders, I think I'm going to spend about $400 or so. Which would you recommend, or are there others that I should consider? - I usually like to buy things to last me a lifetime. I'm not a commercial landscaper, but I have a large house lot and I take care of my mother's house as well. - Any input would be welcome. Thanks in advance!:)

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Lesco...nuff said.

3. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

i have a tow behind stainless steel earthway n luv it.
    i recall that lescos dont broadcast evenly

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i can only speak for myself. but i would never think about buying another spreader besides a lesco. i have one and absolutley love it!

5. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i use a scotts speedy green 1000 about $18. :laugh: :laugh:
    what a piece of crap, but go with the lesco's i know people who have them and love them.

6. KevMel

KevMel LawnSite Member

Thanks guys! I pulled the trigger today on the Lesco. Now I won't be able to afford the fertilizer, but I'll have one heck of a spreader.:laugh:

7. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

I have gone through Agri Fab and Earthway, please I bet of you, do not make the same mistakes as me, they were both a waste. I was trying to save a few bucks and figured that they would serve my pruposes, since I did not have alot of accounts for fert yet. It ended up costing me more, b/c the the amount that I paid for the AgriFab and earthway, I should have just gone straight to Lesco. Just my .02 Buy quality, so you dont have to buy quantity

Ron

8. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

You will be happy with the lesco, it is one hell of a piece!