1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spreader & Sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Breezmeister, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from South Jersey

We are looking to buy a Spreader Sprayer in the spring. We have it narrowed down to 2, the t 3100 by Turfco or the Exmark.

Price is a non issue, it will be financed, looking for quality and dependability.... I would like to hear the good, bad and ugly of both.

Walker56 likes this.
  2. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GEORGIA

I bought a new t3100. I added the 3&1 tank. Runs every day and does it’s job.

Breezmeister likes this.
  3. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I have had 2 turfco's and do like them the are easy to calibrate easy to run i like that they are rackable I dont like the plastic coating they use they are made of steel so they do rust you have to keep it lubed up but i have had good luck I would like a bigger engine

Breezmeister likes this.
  4. Breezmeister

Male, from South Jersey

Thanks for the input, looks like we are going to get a free demo of the Turfco. No body seems to like the Exmark.

ETM and Walker56 like this.
  5. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Are you not considering the z spray or steel green machines? Best machines out there for reliability and efficiency.

GrassManKzoo likes this.
  6. Breezmeister

Male, from South Jersey

We did look at the Z Sprayer...Long story short, we really don't want to deal with the local Site One.....

zlandman, ETM and Walker56 like this.
  7. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

You know that Toro/Exmark picked them up and will now be your dealer and service for them right?

8. Breezmeister

Male, from South Jersey

Now that is interesting, I did not know that. I will look into that.

Walker56 likes this.
  9. tebletlawns

tebletlawns LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Kansas City

Fyi, even tho toro/exmark dealers sell them. Most don't know jack about sprayers.

10. tebletlawns

tebletlawns LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Kansas City

One guy on here is happy with his dealer, but that's about it. Exmark/toro machines are good machines when working though. Which is about 99% of the time.

Breezmeister likes this.