1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

spreading mulch

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by matthew horner, Apr 22, 2004.

1. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

In your opinion, is 2 yards per hour on the low or high side for a two man crew with wheelbarrows moving 50 feet?

I've got to price 30 yards, spread only.

Thanks

2. grassredneck

grassredneck LawnSite Member

Whether or not you have some plantings to work around can make all the difference in the time required. Seems right on the money if you don't have a bunch of plants to work around though

3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

for a one man crew that sounds about right, 2 man crew should do about 3-3.5 i would expect, and thats saying from point A to B isnt too far from each other of course.

4. hollywood

hollywood LawnSite Member

there are alot of variables like the previous posts mention. we figure yard per man per hour under average circumstances.

5. matthew horner

Yeah, I know, I just don't have an idea yet, been getting alot of these calls lately.

6. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Today, 2 people did 3 yards in 70 minutes, moving it 100' and up a 2' retaining wall, but it wasnt around many plants. So 3 per hour for a 2 man crew is a good estimate.

7. matthew horner

hey thanks thats what I was looking for.