Spring advertising plans

Raven Lawncare

LawnSite Member
Hello everybody. So my soft plan for spring 2021 is basically about 3k direct mail flyers in specific geographic areas in areas currently served. These mailers will be delivered in areas where homeowners are most likely to use service providers. Along with 50 well placed road signs in high traffic areas within the areas currently served. I am also considering some door flyers as well. Have you guys/gals had much success with these tactics? Run specials or coupons for new customers etc? Thanks for advice.

Youngandfree

LawnSite Fanatic
Did you get a website running yet or a FB page? Google My Business website is free. You need to get existing customers to leave you a Google review. Don't flood your page with them all at once, trickle them in. Get that started ASAP if you haven't to start building your Google presence. I finally started getting some calls from Google searches this summer and turned some down, took some other jobs that worked out really well for me.

I can't help on flyers or mailers. I see a couple outfits in my areas with signs everywhere. I'm still part time, so it doesn't do me any good to spend a bunch of money to get business I don't have time to do.

OP
R

Raven Lawncare

LawnSite Member
Did you get a website running yet or a FB page? Google My Business website is free. You need to get existing customers to leave you a Google review. Don't flood your page with them all at once, trickle them in. Get that started ASAP if you haven't to start building your Google presence. I finally started getting some calls from Google searches this summer and turned some down, took some other jobs that worked out really well for me.

I can't help on flyers or mailers. I see a couple outfits in my areas with signs everywhere. I'm still part time, so it doesn't do me any good to spend a bunch of money to get business I don't have time to do.
Got the website going, google my business is up and I post on fb 3x daily to numerous local classified groups etc. thanks for your time and hope your season was good.

Youngandfree

LawnSite Fanatic
Got the website going, google my business is up and I post on fb 3x daily to numerous local classified groups etc. thanks for your time and hope your season was good.
Making posts to your Google page with pics helps as well. I've seen suggested to make the post on your Google page, then share it to your FB page to help the "organic reach". Even informational blog style posts. Occasionally I'll make a post as a reminder on regularly servicing your equipment and keep blades sharp. This is the pic I used last week.

Attachments

• 20200925_141153.jpg
    20200925_141153.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 158

ultimateanswer

LawnSite Member
Direct mailers and road signs are decent value for money, but not if you're relying on them to bring you business. Marketing like flyers and road signs are best when used for name recognition and coupled with more direct interactable marketing like what you'll use on Google and FB.

ultimateanswer

LawnSite Member
Its 50/50 either way. Sometimes Google is the bread winner and sometimes FB is. Early in the season when the poa and henbit are popped FB seems to have more traffic b/c people are posting pics and posts complaining about the junk in the yard, but by midseason the traffic shifts to Google as people are looking to Google for answers to summer dormancy and other heat related issues here in OK. FB marketing is easy, just set your radius and it goes on autopilot based on info you've posted to your business page. Google is a little bit trickier as you'll need to know the local vernacular and "keyword" accordingly.
What I did when I ran sales and marketing for a local franchise I used to work with was do targeted mailers and road signs in a specific area coupled with a blitz of online ads and promos. Figure for about every 100 signs and 1000 mailers you buy, you'll get around 3-5 customers. For online blitz marketing, for every 1000 pairs of eyes that see your ad, about 300 will interact with it, and about 30 of those will become clients.

Top Forums