Lawn Care Forum banner
81 - 100 of 142 Posts
yea we have a 87 chevy one ton, but latly I've been having front end problems. I got the death wobble and I've been putting alot of money into replacing all sort of components in the front end to see if it cures it but it hasn't. Just thinking that the dump trailer would be less of a hassle.

sprnggrn: So far I put in a new steering stabilizer, new sway bar and bushing that attach to the frame, new power steering pump and junk yard steering box to try to fix the problem. The truck is at Coventry wheel and brake. Leo over there had it for about a day and said that it needed over 1,500 in front end work. Including all new seals for the drive axel, new universal joints near the driverside and passenger side knuckles and the list goes on. I was looking at hurd for a new dump truck but to replace the one I have now Its like 34,000 with out a plow. With the economy the way it is and me relying on construction work mostly for money I think I'm leaning towards putting the money into the 87. Whats your opinion, you think those trucks are worth the investment.

Wow really nice stuff. Awesome how clean everything is

Discussion starter · #91 ·
sprnggrn: So far I put in a new steering stabilizer, new sway bar and bushing that attach to the frame, new power steering pump and junk yard steering box to try to fix the problem. The truck is at Coventry wheel and brake. Leo over there had it for about a day and said that it needed over 1,500 in front end work. Including all new seals for the drive axel, new universal joints near the driverside and passenger side knuckles and the list goes on. I was looking at hurd for a new dump truck but to replace the one I have now Its like 34,000 with out a plow. With the economy the way it is and me relying on construction work mostly for money I think I'm leaning towards putting the money into the 87. Whats your opinion, you think those trucks are worth the investment.
I personally love those trucks, but overall condition would determine the value

Yea, I like the idea of not having to worry about the paint finish If I backing into someone driveway with alot of over growth. Also all winter long the people I plowed with keep running into problems with their trucks and mine ran care free all winter long, I think the only problem I had was the battery tray rotting out of the inside fender. I think its just paying me back for having soo little problems all winter long, ha.

yea, hopefully I'll get it back by this weekend. Here's a pic with the plow on it this winter, little has changed. I put another coat of paint on the dump bed and It's getting steel mesh sides this weekend, instead of the wooden sides.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Plant

Very Nice Equipment it all looks Very Well Taken Care of!!!

I thought I would revive this thread, with an update on my truck. I had a lot of work done on the front end and it solved the problem I had, however the other afternoon I broke two brake lines and rolled down a drive into on coming traffic. No one was hurt but I fixed the rig and sold it. I hit my threshold on money I wanted to put into it. So heres that newest addition. 07 2500hd, with insert.

Tire Wheel Plant Car Land vehicle

Thanks, yea I would have liked to keep it around, especially after all the money I put into it. Just don't have any place to store it in the mean time. Plus I sold it to Hattoy's so I'm sure they'll get some good use out of it. My year has been pretty good, I'm actually thinking of getting out of maintenance and just doing construction, however with the economy the way it is I'm fearful of the amount of construction work out their next season. I have two walkway projects lined up for the spring but the way things are looking with RI's economy I don't know that people are spending the money they were spending a few years ago. I look at some of the supply stores and see them low staffed and not bringing more product in, its alittle scary. I know you guys operate with a lot of maintenace accounts. Do you guys feel the crunch at all or do you stay pretty steady?

81 - 100 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.