Spring is in the air

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by weeze, Dec 28, 2015.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

..so anyone else having spring weather to bring in the new year?

in nov and early dec it was in the 30s and 40s here and all the grass went brown but now it's been raining a week and a half solid. it's flooding everywhere and temps are 65-75 and all the grass is green again and growing. i've never seen green grass in january my entire life but it's here this year. :laugh:

2. Nunyabisnes

Nunyabisnes LawnSite Bronze Member

We've been having summer weather here. Mid 80s for last two weeks or so. We'll finally cool down this weekend tho.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Weeze do you mow year round in Alabama?

Grass is dormant up north, but weeds have been popping up and growing on untreated lawns. It's finally cooling down and were getting our first bit of snow and ice tonight. Not much but enough that I had to throw down some salt
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Jersey

I have daffodils blooming now. It is one of the earliest called February Gold. Last year it did not bloom until March. Going down to 41 tonight, Tomorrow is going up to 63. I do not do snow and if it does not snow this year, I won't complain.

Pennings is up north. He can have all the snow.

5. Yesterday I went for a bike ride with the sun shining..... today I'm shoveling 4 inches of fresh snow/ sleet.

Michigan weather :nono:

:laughing:
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

It's a lovely day in michigan!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Indeed! R u out plowing?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. AMC32

AMC32 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Lincolnton, NC

Summer weather the last couple weeks for the most part here but supposed to get cold again this weekend. Mother nature's confused
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Nope. I don't plow, I think about starting every year but I do like having 4 months off. :drinkup: Do you plow?

10. I bet. Haha it is nice money. Lotta work. I'm off right now to shovel, I only shovel but hey its money.

Catch yal later :waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device