1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

spring sweeping commercial props

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by trying 2b organic, Mar 8, 2005.

1. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

I was able to sign some large commercial contracts over the winter. I am making my first visits. Picture an apartment building with a big lot at back and wide drive. There is a curb. ( I cant really blow into a lawn area)

If i take a backpack and blow out all the sand and crap that has built up over the winter and blow it all down into the street it will make a heck of a mess. I have a few others like this, do i sweep once and then blow as normal.

I have no power sweeper and feel like a schmuck to be out there with my helper with push brooms and a dust pan but thats what I'm going to do. options?

An initial sweep of the lots at properties with parking lots? ty

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

This is why I have a power broom on my Kubota tractor. (I only paided $50 for it) You might want to rent a small walkbehind one for the day. It will make your life easier. I also just bought echo's power head broom for were the 3pt sweepster can't get.

3. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

I would get all the sand, salt, and debris off the lawn and sidewalks and get it into the parking lot. Contact a sweeper company and have them come through the parking lot and clean it up for you. This is what I do and the prices are usually pretty fair. It is best to find a sweeper company that does work in your area so that if it is a small parking lot hey can just do it on their way to or from one of their main jobs.

adam

4. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member