1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

sprinkler blowouts

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by kempoone, Sep 6, 2011.

1. kempoone

kempoone LawnSite Member

I have been doing fall clean up and areating for several years. I want to start doing sprinkler blow outs. I need some info from someone experienced in doing this.
    -how big of a compressor do i need for residential service, tank volume , and horse power?
    - do most people just use electric and then plug into homeowners power ?
    how much of an investment would i expect to put down on a used compressor for this type of job?

i was working a full time job that i lost a month ago. so i do have alot more time on my hands . so im not sure if i need to buy a big one or not . or if the cost of renting would pay off.
    I remember the first year i did aerating i rented for awhile and then bought my own machine it paid for itself in 3 months , one season , even with a full time job .
    so im wanting to test the waters a bit so maybe renting would be the way to go.
    thanks

2. cut level

cut level LawnSite Senior Member

If you have to ask about this you should prolly not tackle this just my opinion
    Posted via Mobile Device