Lawn Care Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprinkler Donut Video "Sprinkler Head Protection for Rotors and Spray Heads"

51K views 163 replies 20 participants last post by  Mike_LS 
#1 ·
Here's a link that will help those that are interested in understanding the benefits of having the "Sprinkler Buddy" installed to their sprinkler heads. I also show similar products that are found on the market today here in FL. See how the Sprinkler Buddy can greatly reduce accidental damage to the lawn sprinkler heads like none of its competitors products can.

This is an amateur video my wife had took of me in our neighbors yard, so please excuse the quality of the video which was taken with our home use camera. :)

Made in USA :usflag:

Thank you for your support! RyRo, Inc. "Home of the Sprinkler Buddy"

#2 ·
I'm open to other suggestion you may have that I could use to get it known to homeowners across the USA. Sorry that my post have offended you. I'll try to tone it down.

PS- Watch the video in its entirety and you may realize it's much more than a "piece of plastic".

#7 ·
Woww. that video completely changed my opinion of your product, well done by the way. I think the only problem you may have is with older larger heads such as RB R-50s and old impact heads. Best of luck.:waving:
Thanks for watching the video. My product is made differently, both in the materials used to make it but also in the method that one uses to install it. The shape also plays an important role in its performance long term.

It has a 7" diameter same as the concrete donuts. I haven't personally seen a sprinkler head it wouldn't work on but I'm sure their are some antiques out there somewhere. I do have a 30 day return policy if they shouldn't work for any of my customers. Thank you again for your comment!

#8 ·
Great demo video. How far down is the sprinkler head in the SB? Will all rotor sprinkler heads pop above the service? I assume that existing riser pipes would have to be shortened to accommodate the SB ?
The depth varies, larger rotors are almost flush to the top while spray heads sit a little lower in it. Yes, all rotor sprinkler heads pop up above the service as do all spray heads. If anything, a higher riser may be needed to bring the sprinkler head back up to ground level. Those that are already there, no change in riser height is needed. Part of the sprinkler buddy is below ground level when installed. That's the purpose of the cone shape appearance of the Sprinkler Buddy before it's installed on a sprinkler head. Once it's installed, that cone shaped appearance disappears due to the fact that the retaining tabs the user created are now snugly fitted around the sprinkler head shaft . Hope that explanation makes since, it's tough trying to explain it without physically showing it at the same time.

#11 ·
I support sponsors, and I did you. The caveat is to be carefull of multiple threads/posts, Otherwise, this band of jackals will eat you alive and destroy any credibility you may think you've got by being on this forum. Jus' sayin'. :nono:
Understood but unlike most sponsors here, I'm one of those jackals. LOL I'll be back on the mower myself come Monday. I have put the blood, sweat, and tears in building a successful lawn business. Now I'm trying to do the impossible on top of that with this little idea of mine. I hear ya though! Thanks!

#17 ·
i think your product is genius. well done, market it well. We dont use this kind of thing around here, not sure it would help much. we have heavy clay soils, seems like it would be too easy to fill up the depressed area and then be just the same. i would think a smaller outside dia might also be useful, i would not want to see all my heads with that much area around them instead of grass in my lawn......understand?

#19 · (Edited)
I always liked Zappa's earliest work best, even if he worked with more talented musicians in later years.
Ditto, "Freak Out", was genius. I saw the M.O.I. in Seattle where they opened for the 'Stones, and blew the place away. I never understood that story why Lowell George (a genius in his own right) was fired by Zappa, except Zappa had said he did not approve of the lyrics to "Willin'" because of the drug inferences. :dizzy:

#21 ·
i think your product is genius. well done, market it well. We dont use this kind of thing around here, not sure it would help much. we have heavy clay soils, seems like it would be too easy to fill up the depressed area and then be just the same. i would think a smaller outside dia might also be useful, i would not want to see all my heads with that much area around them instead of grass in my lawn......understand?
Thanks, keep in mind that the Sprinkler Buddy remains below the cutting height of the grass when installed, it's only visible when one gets close to them. I demonstrate that on my website. Most of the photos and views on my video are very close up shots but I added a few that weren't as close up on my website. Most would never know one had them in their lawn unless they walked up upon the Sprinkler Buddy or one told them to look what I have. :)

I tried a 5" diameter during my prototype stage but after the sprinkler head was installed and I installed it back to the system, they were clearly not big enough. My goal was to keep sprinkler heads visible long term with little maintenance yet not be an eye sore at the same time. I have no doubt, I have accomplished that.

The reason products of this kind aren't very well known in states that receive freezing conditions during the winter months is because they don't hold up well, the materials they are made from just can't handle the temperature extremes many see throughout the year. That's why many don't see them sold at their local hardware store as we do in the South. Sprinkler Buddy can and does hold up in all weather extremes.

"seems like it would be too easy to fill up the depressed area"

While part of the Sprinkler Buddy is installed below ground level, part of it remains just above the root base of the turf. Grass clippings disappear in the Sprinkler Buddy just as those grass clippings do in the lawn during the growing season. During the Fall, leaves do accumulate as they do on the entire lawn, no way around that one. They are easily cleaned out though, I hit them with my blower when doing a leaf clean up if need be.

One huge benefit Sprinkler Buddy provides to those in northern states is that it prevents grass roots from taking over the sprinkler head during the long extended periods of time that the sprinkler system is inactive. Cutting the time it takes in getting the system up to par for the following growing season big time.

Thank you all for the comments and questions, I'm sure many will benefit from them and have a better understanding of the Sprinkler Buddy.

#22 ·
It's so hard to believe that a guy who produced such nut case music had never inhaled, or worse. I remember seeing him testifying before Congress about freedom of speech and he was eloquent! For a guy who kept his bodily fluids intact, it sure was a shock when he got cancer and died. :cry:

#24 · (Edited)
I seem to recall that Lowell George (Little Feat) was in the Mothers Of Invention.

Here from Wikipedia: "...There followed a few months in late 1968 to early 1969 where George was a member of Zappa's band, the Mothers of Invention, and can be heard on both the album Weasels Ripped My Flesh, and the first disc of You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 5, which included a version of "Here Lies Love" with Lowell as lead vocalist. At a 1975 Little Feat show in Rochester, New York, George said he was fired from the Mothers of Invention because he "wrote a song ["Willin'"] about dope." "

Funny, 'cause Willin' is one my favorite Little Feat songs.

#25 ·
Funny, 'cause Willin' is one my favorite Little Feat songs.
Yup, not only the lyrics, but the craftmanship of the music. I've always respected and enjoyed "bridges" (emotional paydirt of the song). I'm sure every music lover could name their favorite bridges.Paul Simon is a bridge master ("sail on silver girl", etc.). But, pound for pound, that bridge kills me after all these years. :clapping:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.