1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sprinkler guy needs help!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Mike Leary, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

We're putting a new mainline & feed from a cistern down a property line.
    In the way are a couple of Taxus (Yews) 7' wide x 12' high, nice plants, and
    six Magnolias (I think "Little Gem"), about 12' high, plants are evergreen,
    look "O.K.", not much care. I'm going to spec the movers use anti-transpirant
    sprays ("wilt pruf") & Liquinox "start" for transplants. We're going to B&B,
    put drip rings around them until the work is done & re-locate them in the same area, but different layout. I think we can move the Taxus (with a backhoe after B&B), but I'm not sure about the Magnolias. Any thoughts? :)

2. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

The magnolias are no more problematic than the yews to move - the ball size should be about the same . Little Gem is a relatively new cultivar , so they probably haven't been planted all that long . Of course , plants that size are risky to move and the client should understand that there is a higher probability of loss . Good luck and keep em watered .

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Thank you for your advise..will give 'em a try. M